So, this has never happened before.
To my surprise, I have been nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award. Thank you so very much to Inskidee for the nomination.
If you would like to read some of Iskidee’s work – which I highly encourage all you to do – please click HERE.
I’m not really sure how this is meant to go, so I suppose it would be best if we just jumped straight into it:
Rules of the Award
- Display the logo
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the award
- Answer the questions from the one who nominated you
- Nominate 7 to 10 bloggers
- Ask 7 questions
1. What is the worst thing you’ve ever smelled?
I’ve got two answers to that.
First, I once worked at a dog hotel (the name says exactly what it was). Part of my job was to care for the pups while their owners were away – be it for the day or for an extended vacation. Regardless of the reason why they were there, the dogs would spend most of the day in the play yard.
Naturally, when dogs need to do their business, they go ahead and do it. Although the smell of fresh dog poop isn’t pleasant, it is something you eventually grow numb to. However, that’s not where this story is going.
Since the hotel was a place of business, and it did pride itself on the facility’s cleanliness (and the dog parents could check on their little ones via webcam), when working in the yard, you couldn’t just let the poop sit there. Also, if you weren’t quick enough, there were plenty of pooches who took the opportunity for a quick snack. Thus, we would collect the poop and toss it into the poop bin.
Now at the end of the day, I bet you can imagine how ripe that bin would get. But trust me, the average Tuesday was like smelling sweet roses compared to the clean up during the Fourth of July and Christmas holidays. At those times, the hotel would easily see over 100 dogs.
The smell of that many animals’ dropping their duces was enough to knock you on your ass rather quickly.
Second, the card table at my grandparents’ house during family get-togethers was basically a nuclear waste zone. So much so, I’ll always take the smell of the 100 dogs any day.
2. What is your most useless talent?
Do you know those games where someone puts a ball under one of three cups, and then they mix them all around? For some reason, I’m really good at finding the ball.
And I’m even better when there is nothing on the line, I have more than one guess, no one is looking, and you’re willing to take my word on the result.
3. What is your absolute worst fear?
I suppose that would have to be the slow existential realization that we as a species are destined to fade away into the obscurity that is the universe. That our time in this reality is so insignificantly short, we shouldn’t even be considered a drop in the cosmic bucket. And yet, despite that, we are trapped to live in a hostile void that at any moment, can eradicate us from existence. For once we understand that our planet is nothing more than a minuscule island floating in the unforgiving and uncaring emptiness of space we must, therefore, accept that although we are here, we are nothing.
That and spiders.
4. You will be given 200,000 dollars if you trade in one of your body parts. Which one will you trade-in?
My right pinky toe.
It knows what it did.
5. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
Bill, I suppose.
6. What is the absolute, most useless purchase you’ve ever made?
I want to take a moment and give a little advice to all you who are about to go off to college for the first time.
Textbooks are one of the biggest scams you will ever come across.
They are ridiculously expensive; don’t be surprised if you see yourself shelling out $200. Also, when it is time to sell them back, you’ll be lucky if you are even offered 10% of what you originally paid.
No, I’m still not bitter about this.
7. What was your most gullible moment? / What was the craziest thing that you believed?
2016 presidential polling numbers.
* * *
- Anime Rants
- Seasonal Prattle
- David Boone @ Another Anime Review
- Keiko’s Anime Blog
- Anime Tokoyo
- Jon Spencer Reviews
- With a reason, which is the stronger animation studio: Walt Disney Studios or Studio Ghibli?
- What is something you love (a movie, TV show, anime, etc.) that everyone else seems to hate?
- What is something you hate (a movie, TV show, anime, etc.) that everyone else seems to love?
- Whether real (dead or alive) or fictitious, who is someone you would look straight in the eyes and say, “You’re a disappointment.”
- Yes or no?
- What is the best board game you have never played?
- What time is it?
I would like to thank Inskidee once again for the nomination. I had a lot of fun answering the questions, and I hope my nominees don’t take mine too seriously.
This was a nice little break away from my usual work, and I hope you enjoyed the read.
I’m LofZOdyssey, and I’ll see you next time.